This is intended to serve as a reservoir of acronyms for general use.
Established but uncommon acronyms
- BPC - before politically correct. From a Montanan truck driver, after describing the progression of generations.
- Note: gourmet magazine circa 1990 is definitely BPC. "Aruba: our only business is your vacation"
- TCB - taking care of business. Possibly originated by Cosmo Kramer
- DUMBO - down under the manhattan bridge overpass. brooklyn-ers, what will they think of next!
- TIMTOWTDI - Wikipedia:There_is_more_than_one_way_to_do_it
- HTH - Hope this helps.
- Alternates: helix turn helix (protein structure), highway to hell (ACDC album), How the heck?
- EB - east bay. This is not only easy to say, but allows for such puns as "the EB gives me the EB-jeebies"
- Do Po - dolores park. e.g. like Yogurt Park -> Yo Po
- DPS - drip protection system. Many leaks in the shack led to this
-- TWiki Guest - 27 Apr 2009